Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oregon Coast

WARNING: VERY (and I mean VERY) LONG Post follows...

Ok, don't say I didn't warn you. Daddy, Mommy, and I just got back from our trip to Oregon. I was a very good girl. Here's a recap of our trip.
I was very good on the flight to the west coast. I slept the whole first leg to Phoenix

and then watched Baby Praise on the way to Scramento. Then I chatted up our neighbor from Sacramento to Portland. We had some trouble with our rental car company and Mommy stuck it to them, but that's a whole other post. The second night there, Daddy and Papa went to take pictures of "Haystack Rock" which is the third largest free-standing monolith in the world.

Papa took lots of pictures...

LOTS and LOTS of pictures!!

and we saw a beautiful sunset on the beach.

The next day, we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and Creamery. I learned how cheese was made and even got to taste some cheese curds (yum!!)

Mommy also gave me ice cream...

...which made me very, very HAPPY!!

That night at dinner, it was "Tailgate Night" so I of course had to wear my KState gear. After dinner, I got to go down to the beach for the first time. I loved walking in the sand and how it felt in my hands!


We had a bonfire and made Smores.

Then we watched another beautiful sunset before going to bed late!

On Saturday, Aunt Jenna came with us to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. It was one of my favorite things that we did. I got to see lots of "doggies" but Mommy kept telling me they were called fishies? It was scary when we walked under the part where the sharks were.

I also got to touch some of the animals. I really liked this. I would stick my hands down in the water just like I do in the beer coolers at Rudy's and then rub my hands with the water on them.


I got pretty upset when we had to leave this exhibit...ok...I may have pitched a minor fit, but I got happy again when we got to go down and see the seals and sea lions "under water." They were playing chase with each other and kept swimming back and forth right in front of Mommy and me.

Then we checked them out from above and watched them getting fed and doing tricks.

Last, Daddy took a picture of Mommy and me "inside" one of the aquariums. We crawled under and got to look through the look-out. In case you're wondering why there aren't many pictures of Daddy, it's because he's very good at taking pretty pictures and he had the camera most of the time!

After taking our big family picture on the beach (54 people all wearing the same shirt!) we came back to our house to play family feud. It was really fun.

Uncle Dennis made us all laugh when he mistakenly said his favorite breakfast cereal was pancakes!!!

Our last day there, I got to play with Nana while Mommy and Daddy went Geocaching with Papa. They said it's just like treasure-hunting using a GPS. They went hiking to find to the treasures.

Mommy was very excited to find the "cache."

They also got a BEAUTIFUL view of the beach we stayed on.

That night Mommy and Daddy took me to dip my feet in the Pacific Ocean. It was so cold that it made my teeth jitter. I loved the water, but Mommy said they'd take me to swim in an ocean where the water was warm enough for me to get all the way in.

All in all, our trip to Oregon made me SMILE very big.

I was excited to meet most of my family. I'll get to see most of them again next week for Aunt Molly's wedding....

2 comments:

The Guerra Girls said...

Good job, Adeline. I'm proud of you for finally taking over your own blog - like me!!! :)

Kelli said...

What a fun trip! You got to see the "Goonies" rock!

I can't believe how long you hair is! :)