Sunday, April 05, 2009

Our Most Recent Purchase

This weekend we invested in this:

We bought this video monitor because recently, Adeline learned how to do this:



That's right, she can now take off her diaper any time she wants to. By the way, her face is covered in tears and snot because she "protested" going to bed (read: screamed) for a while. But she only chooses to do it when she's in her bed (and we're not standing there to stop her). In the last three days, she's stripped down 6 times. What's that? She must be ready to potty train, you say? That's what I thought. But last night, she sat on the potty chair every 15 minutes for an hour and a half. Nothing. Then I put her diaper on so she could eat dinner, and within 20 minutes, she had peed in her diaper. Sigh. We plan on working hard sometime mid-summer. We'll see how it goes.

In other news, Adeline can count. I knew she could "count" to nine, but I thought she had just memorized a pattern. The other evening I watched her put her animals in her barn one at a time and count them. There are six "animals" (if you count Old MacDonald). I watched her do it at least 4 or 5 times before we broke out the video camera. Of course, as soon as we turned it on, she stopped counting consistently. If you hang in to the 2 minute mark on the video, you can see her count all of her animals. At the end, I was trying to get her to show off her genius-ness (apparently this is not a word as it has a red underline, but you know what I mean) by naming her colors, but again, she was not into "putting on a show!" Enjoy anyway:

4 comments:

Branden, Mandy, Kenten, and Joscelyn said...

I think Kenten did this a couple times at about the same age. However, Kenten had a little more in his diaper. Enjoy her while she's so innocent. They grow too quick.

Ryan and Molly said...

we would like "Why so serious?" please
-Uncle Ryan & Aunt Molly

Ryan and Molly said...

I have some questions about your blog. I want to add a wish list of my own. I think I just copied Todds. Also how to I display blogs that I follow. If there is anything else you can think of to spice up our site it would me much appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous said...

better watch out for those teenage years! :)