Saturday, August 16, 2008

Week of Firsts!!

Adeline had a very busy week of firsts!! She had her first bubble bath (which she loved and now reaches for the bubbles and signs "please"). This is her new "look." She does this whenever we say "I'm lookin' at you." Sometimes, she combines the "grinch face" with this look and then "Grinchy is lookin' at you!"

She also had her first day with her new nanny Lorena and her playmate Aiden. We have a new arrangement this year which is working out well so far. Lorena speaks mostly Spanish, so hopefully Adeline will pick some up as well. Aiden's mom bought a double-stroller, so the kids got to go to the park on Friday. Then she gave them a bath and managed to get Adeline's hair into her first pig-tails. I didn't know that A) she had enough hair or that B) it was long enough to get pig-tails, but check them out...


Adeline also had her first professional photo-shoot this week. It was a little drive to the studio, so I planned to be in the car during Adeline's nap time. That did not work out, however, and she didn't sleep at all on the way there. Then we were almost an hour late (due to a combination of several things) so when we finally got there, it was getting close to lunch. So I had a tired and hungry baby. I wasn't expecting the best outcome. BUT, Amanda (the photographer) is so good and we got some really great shots. You can check them out here. Just enter "jansson" as the password. The pictures of all four girls crack me up!! If you want to see more of her work, visit Photography by Amanda and check out her galleries.
Monday is our first working day back and Adeline's first full day with Lorena. Considering she cried when it was time to leave last week, I'm sure things will go great!!

3 comments:

The Guerra Girls said...

I love your professional pictures, Adeline!! I especially like the one of you with your fingers in your mouth - it completely captures your personality!
And I'm trying to convince Mommy to let me try a bubble bath...hmmm...

Jessica said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing! You would never know she was hungry and tired. So adorable!!

court garrison said...

I LOVE your blog and she is SO big! I need you to fix up my blog and make it pretty!??! Can you?