Katie and I have decided that our son, when he graces us with his presence, will be be named Crawford Thomas Jansson.
Crawford:
Crawford was what my grandmother, Nanna Crawford, always called my grandfather. He was born Lester Dalton Crawford but I only ever heard Nanna refer to him as Crawford. He died when my mom was very young in an electrical accident. He was a loving husband and devoted father and I pray that someday my son will be as well.
Thomas:
Thomas is the confirmation name I chose for myself when I joined the Catholic Church. St. Thomas is, among other things, the patron saint of people in doubt. I believe that questioning and doubting are necessary for developing a strong faith and a firm grasp on what you believe. I hope that someday Crawford has both.
We could have named our son anything and there were several strong suggestions given from all sides. However, we are pleased with Crawford Thomas and hope that our friends and family will be as well. If not, well they still have four months to get used to the name.
- Todd

1 comment:
I am blessed to be the greatgrand mother of Crawford Thomas Jansson.
He will be my eight great grand child. I Love all the reasoning you used to choose the name.Grandpa Crawford up in heaven must be very proud you chose his name as I am that you chose part of my name for Adeline.
Grandma Volmer
Post a Comment