Monday, August 09, 2010

Complete one project on the sewing machine...

So it's looking like I won't finish everything on my summer to-do list, but I did get a lot accomplished this summer and will keeping working into the fall until the list is complete! One thing I did finish that I am proud of was to learn to sew!  At first, I would pull the sewing machine out to the kitchen table to work, but that got old real fast, as I would have to either put it away every evening while working on a project, or leave it on the kitchen table the whole time...
So, for my birthday, Todd got me a cute little desk from Ikea (only $20) that works perfectly as a sewing table and we rearranged our room a little so now I have a fun sewing nook.
The first thing I finished was a sling for Adeline's baby.  She really liked it at first, but now it's kind of hit and miss as to whether or not she wants to play with it.
Next, I found a tutorial on this great sewing blog for a superhero cape.  Adeline is really in to "The Incredibles" and there is a super hero vs. super villain episode of 'The Backyardigans' so I thought she would like it.  I also made one for her baby doll.
I've since made one for her friend Cooper that looks like a Super-Man cape (pictures to come) and have some requests for a few others.  I've found sewing for Adeline (and her dolls) to be fun and relaxing!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

You accomplished some great things this summer!!!