Confession #2: When I was pregnant, I used lots and lots of emesis bags. Every time I would go to the hospital, we would get another handful, which would last me until the next time I was in the hospital. I usually kept them in my car for my drive to and from work (yup- I threw up along I-35 many, many times). After Adeline was born, we still had a few that ended up getting used for non-pregnancy related illnesses. I was finally down to one eme-bag and for some nostalgic reason, I held on to it. I felt "safe" knowing I had that one last bag-just in case. Well, one of my good friends was sick and I ended up giving her my last bag. When Adeline had her tubes placed back in April, Todd managed a to grab a handful of bags from our hospital room. My "back-up stash" had been replenished! And that good friend recently had a baby. I went to visit and there was an eme-bag on her counter. "Oh look, an emesis bag," I said. "That's for you!" she answered.
...a beautiful daughter, a precious new son, and three dogs later, this is our life...
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Confessions
Confession #1: I have a little drink buffet on the garage floor right outside of my driver's side door. I have a horrible habit of leaving half-empty bottles, cups, and cans in the cup holder of my car. The next morning when I get in my car with my coffee (and let's just assume I'm running late) this poses a problem. So, I take the half-empty item and line it up with all the others making room for my coffee cup. Problem solved. That is, until the Starbucks cup starts growing mold or I simply run out of room.
Confession #2: When I was pregnant, I used lots and lots of emesis bags. Every time I would go to the hospital, we would get another handful, which would last me until the next time I was in the hospital. I usually kept them in my car for my drive to and from work (yup- I threw up along I-35 many, many times). After Adeline was born, we still had a few that ended up getting used for non-pregnancy related illnesses. I was finally down to one eme-bag and for some nostalgic reason, I held on to it. I felt "safe" knowing I had that one last bag-just in case. Well, one of my good friends was sick and I ended up giving her my last bag. When Adeline had her tubes placed back in April, Todd managed a to grab a handful of bags from our hospital room. My "back-up stash" had been replenished! And that good friend recently had a baby. I went to visit and there was an eme-bag on her counter. "Oh look, an emesis bag," I said. "That's for you!" she answered.
Confession #2: When I was pregnant, I used lots and lots of emesis bags. Every time I would go to the hospital, we would get another handful, which would last me until the next time I was in the hospital. I usually kept them in my car for my drive to and from work (yup- I threw up along I-35 many, many times). After Adeline was born, we still had a few that ended up getting used for non-pregnancy related illnesses. I was finally down to one eme-bag and for some nostalgic reason, I held on to it. I felt "safe" knowing I had that one last bag-just in case. Well, one of my good friends was sick and I ended up giving her my last bag. When Adeline had her tubes placed back in April, Todd managed a to grab a handful of bags from our hospital room. My "back-up stash" had been replenished! And that good friend recently had a baby. I went to visit and there was an eme-bag on her counter. "Oh look, an emesis bag," I said. "That's for you!" she answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment