Monday, October 12, 2009

Ice Cream Soup and a Big-Girl Bed

One day last week Adeline and I were skyping with Aunt Jenna and Aunt Molly. When Adeline lost interest and began entertaining herself on the floor, I continued my conversation. Soon I realized that it was too quiet for a toddler and went to check on Adeline. I found that she had entered my shower, grabbed her shampoo, and emptied it into a bowl with a little toy ice cream scoop--Voila! Ice-Cream Soup! Yum?


Also this week, we decided to let Adeline try out her "big-girl bed." I'd been changing her sheets more frequently and it was a struggle with the drop-side rail on. She's been doing well on a nap-mat at school and since her crib converts to both a toddler bed with rails and a day-bed, we thought it might be time for her to make the transition. We opted for the day-bed (with a pillow cushion!) since we could VERY quickly and easily slide the rails back on if need be. I told her that she couldn't get out unless Mommy or Daddy came to get her and that if she woke up to call out, "Mommy, I'm awake." Soooo, as soon as I shut her bedroom door after putting her down, she started calling, "Mommy, I'm awake!" Not exactly what I had in mind. She did really well, though, and didn't get out of her bed until 4AM when she rolled out (remember the pillow cushion?!) and didn't even wake up!! I heard a little grunt and checked the video monitor to find her sleeping on her pillows. Todd went to put her back in bed and she slept on until 6:15!



I have the day off from school and as soon as Adeline wakes up from her nap, we're heading to visit her cousins!!

No comments: