Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Birthday...

Happy 27th Birthday Daddy and Happy 7-month Birthday (tomorrow) Adeline!! Adeline is growing up! She recently began baby-food. She really likes her oatmeal. She wasn't too sure about green-beans (Mommy doesn't blame her) but she really likes her carrots. She's also learned how to sit-up in her swing all the way which throws off the balance of the swing. It might be time to send the swing back to Aunt Amanda's house so it's ready for the next baby. She really likes to sleep with "Duckaby" which was one of the very first baby gifts Mommy and Daddy got. Next week (10/17) Nana, Papa, and Chase (Mommy's new foster brother) will be coming for a visit!!
 
 
 
 

**Update on Mommy's ears**
I saw the specialist last week. They redid the hearing test, which I still did poorly on. Then he checked both ears. I got to finally see what the comotion was all about, as he had a little camera that he stuck down my ear. It was neat for about a minute, and then it made me feel dizzy and woozy and I had to close my eyes!! The eardrum is perforated and the flap of "skin" from the eardrum is stuck to the inner ear. The first bone in my ear canal is supposed to be horizontal, but has been "sucked" down into the ear canal as well. There is also TONS of scar tissue everywhere. He basically said that my eardrum is shot. Over Thanksgiving break (Wed. 11/20), I will be having surgery. He will cut my ear open behind the ear, and create a new eardrum in front of my old one using cartilage from my earlobe. He will also be putting a tube in the eardrum. At my appointment, there was also some fluid behind the left eardrum. If it is still there at my pre-op visit, he will go ahead and put a tube in that ear as well. It is only a day surgery, and Mimi and Papa Jack will be coming to help out! I should be ready to go back to school on the Monday after Thanksgiving...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: